Knowing what to do after an injury or property loss can make the experience less stressful and decrease the chance of unnecessary complications.
- Promptly report the loss to your broker.
- Protect the property from further damage or loss.
- Retrieve your home inventory list and any sales receipts or photos from their safe-storage location off-premises.
- Make reasonable temporary repairs to protect the property.
- Keep an accurate record of repair costs.
- If the loss is caused by theft, notify the police.
- If the loss involves a credit card or bank fund transfer card, notify the credit card company or bank immediately.
- Promptly report it to your broker.
- Obtain the names and addresses of any witnesses.
- Don’t voluntarily make payments, assume obligations or incur expenses, except for emergency first aid at the time of the bodily injury.
Help us to handle your claim quickly and efficiently. Gather information about a loss, and tell us what happened. Be prepared to provide details about stolen items or damage and circumstances surrounding a fire. This information can help us settle a claim.
To report an accident or loss, contact your broker or agent, or Fred Temple (416) 571-6352.